Have your vehicle properly insured, or at least have third party property cover, current policy information will be required by the Club’s Membership Officer as a Club record, this ensures in the unfortunate event of an accident and damage to property, a claim for reimbursement will be satisfied.
Code of Ethics
- Keep your Campsite and the environment clean. Carry your own and maybe other people’s rubbish home too.
- Respect our wildlife, this may mean leaving your pets at home to protect native animals. Stop look but never disturb or chase animals. It can affect their survival.
- Be careful with fire. Obey all fire restrictions. Use only the fire places provided. Extinguish your fire before leaving. Do not interfere with native plants.
- Keep to walking tracks as they are designed to have minimal impact on National Parks and other areas.
- Avoid noise and dust pollution near settlements, homesteads and general recreation areas. This may mean lowering the speed of your vehicle.
- Keep to constructed vehicle tracks. Drive off road tracks only when you have special permission.
- Alpine areas, swamps and vegetated dunes are easily damaged. Avoid them.
- Keep to restrictions on public land. Respect national parks and other conservation areas.
- Get permission before driving onto private land. Leave livestock alone and gates as found.
- Keep your vehicle mechanically sound and quiet with an efficient muffler.
- Take adequate water, food, fuel and spares on trips. ln remote areas travel with another vehicle.
- Help in bushfire emergencies and search rescues, if you are properly equipped and available.
Copyright Ballina Four Wheel Drive Club (Last Revised April 1, 2003)
Click for the Ballina 4WD Club Constitution
Find Us on Big Volcano Visitor Guide.
A comprehensive guide for accommodation and places to stay, things to see and do, tours and attractions, and more, in the Northern Rivers and Gold Coast Hinterland region of Australia.